Nov 16, 2010

The Checkup

How do you get a four-year old to pee in a cup? Rhetorical? Maybe. Hopping around a room in your underwear, saying your middle name, address, counting to five and receiving four shots and a finger prick were all part of Jack's wellness visit. Bronwyn only had to look cute but also had four shots. WAH!

May all our children benefit from our hindsight. I realize now that I am not assertive enough with my health care providers. Too quick to accept opinion than to challenge or question. That is wrong. What is right is how we teach Jack already to assert himself...to ask his doctor questions. But, perhaps I have taken it too far. Jack INFORMED his doctor that she would not need to use the tongue depressor as he can open "plenty wide". Jack REQUESTED that he leave his clothes on as "I don't want you to see me naked. Those are my private parts." Jack QUESTIONED why he needed the shots as he eats plenty of nutritious food so he won't get sick.

I hope Bronnie was paying attention ;)

Jack Stats:
Four-years old; 25% weight; 50% height; 100% sweetness.

Bronwyn Stats:
Two-months old; 25% weight; 50% height; 100% adorable.

2 comments:

  1. Dont forget that along with dad,mom,your doctor you must add TSA to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack and Bronnie's MomNovember 17, 2010 at 10:49 AM

    hee-hee...true, so very true!

    ReplyDelete