Feb 2, 2011

Who You Gonna Call...

Jack has completed his six-month long training to become an official Ghost Buster--complete with uniform, plasma gun and ghost detection devices. I realize this is not the typical, "I want to grow up and be a police officer" fascination. But it is SO RETRO!

It started with a catchy jingle. Then a YouTube music video. Throw in a backpack Jack converted to a plasma gun by securing a vacuum tube to it and a Lego-made gun to the other end. We hit a Def con 4 level around Halloween when he obtained a Ghost Buster uniform. But the deal maker...a collector's toy my shopaholic husband found on e-bay (and apparently paid collector's price for). Put it all together and a bona fide obsession is born.

I am not sure how I feel about Jack strapping an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back. I am not sure what I think about my four-year old slamming Slimer daily. But I do believe I would want Jack with me in the next haunted house I visit :)

"Hee-hee-hee. That was your whole plan? GET HER? Very scientific, Ray!"


No comments:

Post a Comment