Mar 22, 2013

Night Fright

Bronwyn (2.5) was scared to bits by a man dressed as Beaker (the Muppet) at a costume party last month.  At bedtime she routinely flashes back to the horror.  Tonight the dialogue went as such...

B: "Beaker scared me mommy!"  (She says while clutching my face in her hands for dramatic effect.

M: "I know but he left..."  

B: "Why did he leave?"  

M: "Because he didn't want you to be scared anymore." 

B: "Did I make him sad, mommy?"  (She appears genuinely concerned and has my face in a death grip forcing direct eye contact!

M: "No, he just wanted you happy." 

B: "I want him to come back and talk to me." (by her tone i think she means right now...)

M: "You want to see Beaker again?"  (Seriously?)

B: "I want to see him but I don't want him to touch me.  He can't touch me, or mommy, or daddy, or Jack...ah...ah...he can touch Jack...he can touch Jack...but not me, mommy or Daddy!" 

Poor Jack...he clearly is off the pedestal ;). So, want to know where you stand with the princess...just ask her if Beaker can give you a hug ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment