Mar 22, 2010

More Jackisms

I have been neglectful to Jack's blog. Travel is the excuse. I spent last two weeks on West Coast. First San Francisco, next Los Angeles, and finally Vancouver. I return home and find it snowing today. Flurries only, but could someone but the snuff on the white stuff?

I have lots of good Jack material I will post this week. We had our first T-ball game and he has become a master Marble Runner. But today I shall treat you to a few Jackisms uttered this weekend.

1. "Mom, what does stubborn mean?" I defined. Jack said, "Mom and Jack are both stubborn." hmph.

2. After planting some daffodils and hyacinths Gary commented that they were pretty but a bit crowded. I pondered over this while staring out at my garden. Jack touched my shoulder and said "I don't think they are crowded. I think they are pretty." Could I adore him any more! Than he asked for a doughnut. hmm...honest or manipulative???

3. While going to bed Jack announced that there was a cloud of poison under his bed and if he gets out at night it will get him. Gary and I have NO IDEA where this thought came from as we would never plant a scary idea like that in Jack's mind. However I did struggle with debunking his theory or letting him test it...just to see if it would finally keep this boy in bed all night long. I finally did the right thing. Don't worry.

4. Jack was pulling petals of a Camilla flower. I taught him the old "she loves me she loves me not." He quickly adapted this to the more appropriate "I will get a new toy. I will not get a new toy."

5. After breaking a few rules including flushing a toy down the toilet Jack is unable to get the new wheelbarrow he wanted for a few weeks until he proves he can play with his toys properly. The next morning his first sentence went like this, "Ah...I didn't break any toys all night long. Now I can have my new wheelbarrow?" Yea, right kid! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment