Dec 7, 2009

Ho Ho Ho

Santa, Christmas lights, snow flurries and hot cocoa!!! What a wonderful time of the year. We had a fantastic weekend!


ZZZZzzzzzz....

Let's start with some very exciting news...Jack went to sleep all by himself without running out of his room! THANK YOU AUNT MARY! Between vacation and the most recent bout of pneumonia we gave up trying to teach Jack to stay in bed and fell into the very bad, albeit cozy habit of laying down with Jack in his bed until he fell asleep (which usually happend right after Dad or Mom fell asleep...shameful, I know.) Well, no more! I decided on Friday night we were going to tackle this once and for all. New twist. I added the flashlight and book option to the deal (Mary's idea). In addition to our tried-and-true bedtime routine, Jack now takes a flashlight and books in bed with him to look at after I kiss him goodnight AND LEAVE THE ROOM. And here's the kicker...it works! He STAYS in bed! (I hear trumpets playing in the far distance!) More importantly he falls asleep (like right away!)...oh Merry Christmas indeed!


Jolly Old Saint Nicholas

Santa made an appearance next door and Jack was invited. Gary and I were curious as to how he would "receive" Santa this year. Based on his exuberance for all the Disney characters we were prepared and had the camera set to sports mode...but apparently Jack understands Santa's power and respected Father Christmas. He approached him right away but once within inches of the snowy white beard he FROZE. He remained statuesque until said Mom and said Dad picked up said boy and placed him on Santa's lap. I think I heard Jack whisper his Christmas list...a fire truck, ladder truck, dump truck, armor truck and pickup truck. Good grief! Santa gave Jack a dry erase board with permanent marker. Alrighty then...I wonder if a Magic Eraser is going to be in my stocking from Santa this year. Thanks Santa ;)



A family photo with Santa and Mrs. Clause at our neighbor's house this past weekend.

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Gary slaved on decorations this year and while his idea of elegance won out over my desire to decorate our lawn with every Christmas item sold at Gradinroad...I think in the end he may have had the better vision. Look how pretty it turned out. Simple and elegant. Just like him. The only item missing is SNOW...and you know what? We almost had it. Flurries danced from the heavens to earth in our own backyard Saturday morning. There is hope for a White Christmas in the South after all.

1 comment:

  1. Nora,

    So glad my tip involving flashlights and books helped! Just in time for Grandma & Grandpa's visit! I hope Jack has a fun time with them; I am sure he will wear them out! (P.S. You can also add my name to the love of popcorn list!)

    ReplyDelete